Latest posts by Son D. Le (see all)
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) Heals Your Sports Injuries - January 16, 2017
- Great American Smokeout 2016 - November 17, 2016
- May 12-16 is Neuropathy Awareness Week - May 12, 2016
Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day is held every year on February 2nd to help bring awareness to the chronic illness. Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that occurs when your immune system mistakenly attacks your own body’s tissues. In addition to causing joint problems, rheumatoid arthritis sometimes can affect other organs of the body.
According to the Rheumatoid Patient Foundation, this disease is commonly presumed to be a type of arthritis, therefore awareness is lacking, causing problems with disability accommodations, clinical care, healthcare reimbursement and research funding.
What can you do to help raise awareness?
- Help spread awareness by sharing images on social media outlets
- Wear the colors indigo and gold, the official Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness colors
- Educate yourself on Rheumatoid Disease to better educate others about the issue
For information on this disease and how to support Rheumatoid Awareness Day, visit http://rheum4us.org/rheumatoid-arthritis-awareness-day/.
If you or someone you know suffers from arthritis , check out our post here to learn tips on how to relieve the pain.
Center for Spine, Joint and Neuromuscular Rehabilitation is a comprehensive approach to the treatment of pain. We offer nonsurgical pain management treatment for the neck, back, shoulders, hands, hips, knees, and feet by Board Certified physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine physicians. Services include evaluation and treatment of painful conditions including medical management, diagnostic and therapeutic injections, nerve conduction studies, diagnostic imaging, physical and behavioral therapy.
Phone: (615) 872-9966 http://www.sjnmr.com Fax: (615) 872-9967
Brentwood – Hermitage – Murfreesboro – Nashville