Latest posts by Son D. Le (see all)
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) Heals Your Sports Injuries - January 16, 2017
- Great American Smokeout 2016 - November 17, 2016
- May 12-16 is Neuropathy Awareness Week - May 12, 2016
Every year, on the third Thursday of November, smokers are encouraged to participate in the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout. On Thursday, November 19, make an effort to encourage someone you know to quit smoking that day or make a plan to quit. Quitting for just that one day alone is still a big step towards reducing the risk of cancer and living a healthier life. Tobacco use remains the single-largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the US. Almost 42 million Americans still smoke cigarettes, which amounts to about 1 in every 5 adults.
Below are a few useful tips for quitting smoking offered by the American Cancer Society:
- Consult with your doctor before you begin a plan for quitting smoking
- Include friends and family in the quitting process, don’t keep it a secret.
- Keep yourself busy, find hobbies to keep you preoccupied so you won’t be tempted to think about smoking
- Drink lots of fluids, such as water, to help curb cravings. Avoid drinks that can trigger the desire to smoke.
Visit www.cancer.org/smokeout or call 1-800-227-2345 for more information about the Great American Smokeout and quitting.
At Center for Spine, Joint and Neuromuscular Rehabilitation, we strive to promote a tobacco-free lifestyle for our patients. We offer one-on-one counseling and tools to help assist patients in the process of quitting.
Center for Spine, Joint and Neuromuscular Rehabilitation is a comprehensive approach to the treatment of pain. We offer nonsurgical pain management treatment for the neck, back, shoulders, hands, hips, knees, and feet by Board Certified physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine physicians. Services include evaluation and treatment of painful conditions including medical management, diagnostic and therapeutic injections, nerve conduction studies, diagnostic imaging, physical and behavioral therapy.
Phone: (615) 872-9966 http://www.sjnmr.com Fax: (615) 872-9967
Brentwood – Hermitage – Murfreesboro – Nashville