Expectations for Care
- A complete history and physical is performed to identify the structure or body part that is the “pain generator.”
- Understanding whether the pain is generated from a disc, nerve, muscle, ligament or joint will help identify which treatment modalities will work best to alleviate the problem.
- Clinical tools such as x-rays, ultrasound, CT, MRI, EMG/NCS and/or diagnostic nerve blocks may be utilized to confirm one’s medical condition.
- It is important to understand that chronic pain is rarely treated by one modality and effective pain treatment may include a variety of solutions.
- These treatment solutions may include medication management, nerve blocks, joint injections, physical therapy, behavioral therapy, and educational tools to aid in your treatment and prevention of future injuries.
- It is important to communicate with your treatment team about your pain and if the recommended treatments being prescribed are effectively addressing your problem.
- Center for Spine, Joint and Neuromuscular Rehabilitation’s physicians and treatment care team is known for successful patient outcomes for those looking for pain relief and improved quality of life.